Mr. Uri Levine
Co-Founder, Waze, Serial Entrepreneur
Uri Levine (http://urilevine.com/) is a passionate serial entrepreneur and disruptor. He co-founded Waze, the world's largest community based driving traffic and navigation app, with more than 250M drivers around the globe, which was acquired by Google on June 2013 for more than $1.1 billion.
Since then, he pursues his dream to create great value for large audiences, through the series of startups he founded. His vision is specifically intended to disrupt inefficient markets and improve under-functioning services, with focus on solving “BIG problems” and saving consumers time and money, while empowering them and changing the world for the better.
Levine is Co-Founder, Chairman or Board Member in several startups with the agenda of ‘doing good and doing well’: FeeX, Moovit, HERE, Engie, FairFly, ZeeK, Roomer, WeTrip, Seetree, Refundit & Lifecare. He is always working on his next idea.
Uri has been in the high-tech business for the last 30 years, half of them in the startup scene, and has seen everything ranging from failure, middle success and extreme success.
He is also a world-class speaker on entrepreneurship, disruption, evolution vs. revolutions of markets, mobility and startups. Motivated to encourage the next generation of thinkers and innovators he also leads an academic workshop entitled “How to Build a Startup”, aimed at undergraduate and graduate level business students.
List of startups Levine is Co-Founder, Chairman or Board Member, with the agenda of ‘doing good and doing well’:
- Co-founder and active chairman at FeeX, which addresses the biggest secret in the world, $600B of financial fees that no-one knows they are paying. FeeX helps bring transparency and increase consumers’ retirement savings and long-term investment plans in hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Chairman and first Investor at Zeek, a marketplace for unused store credit. Addressing $100B of loss store credits every year.
- Godfounder of Roomer, a marketplace for non-refundable hotel reservations, a $20B annual loss.
- Founder, Chairman and 1st investor at FairFly, which addresses the biggest secret in the travel industry. What happened to airfare AFTER the booking. FairFly monitors the airfare of your own itinerary after you made reservation and allows you to rebook the same flight or a better flight once price drops.
- 1st Member of the board of Moovit, which is like Waze but for public transportation, and today, serves more than 150M passengers in more than 2,000 cities around the globe.
- Founder, Chairman and the 1st investor at Engie, which deals with our frustration and helplessness at the mechanics, with an app that connects to the car computer, running diagnostic before and gathers quotation before we go to the mechanic, and empowers the driver.
- Member of the supervisory board at HERE Technology, location cloud company, which enables digital mapping and real-time location applications for consumers, vehicles, enterprises and cities.
- Co-Founder & Chairman, Refundit, an advanced fully automated service for VAT refund for tourists, which will save them the bureaucracy and hassle at the airport and get their money back in a fast and easy way.
- Investor and Board Member at SeeTree, which responds to the particularly devastating challenges in permanent crop farming such as crop losses, epidemics etc. Seetree provides a unique intelligence platform for tree-farmers fusing AI/ML, IoT multi-sensorics data and other advanced technologies to enable them to best manage their permanent crops.
- Co-Founder & Chairman at LiveCare, the first smart medical alert device for the elderly population, combining innovation with compliance to up-to-date regulatory requirements. Livecare is a wearable device that detects emergency situations such as falls and integrates a two-way communications portal for instant help indoors and out.
- Investor in WeTrip which provides a platform to enable these Generation -Y travelers to easily plan and book concept holidays together. WeTrip focuses on selling tailor-made holiday packages in two specific areas: winter ski vacations and summer festival holidays.